Arboretum Grounds Assistant:
General: Under the supervision of the Community Outreach Director the individual will perform tasks involved in the continuous care and maintenance of cemetery arboretum as well as provide on-site assistance during public community events. Work M-F and occasionally Saturday/Sundays.
Example of Duties:
- Perform landscaping work such as pruning, deadheading, controlling weeds, monitoring garden pests and diseases.
- Mowing, string-trimming, and edging as needed.
- Assist in the building and establishing of new gardens. This work will include planting new trees, perennial, and annual gardens.
- Assist in the setting up and clean-up of arboretum and community events. Duties will include setting up chairs, working with the public, providing onsite support.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with the community.
- Perform manual work.
- Able to lift fifty pounds (soil, plants, chairs)
- Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines